The Eight Sessions
This new and innovative group will take place over eight weekly sessions, each of 2-hours duration and covers the fundamentals of mindfulness meditation, applied theory and practice. Some aspects of CBT will also be used within the course syllabus where required to help group members to deal with dysfunctional thought patterns and behaviours. This specific group has been successfully taught in several London universities and also within the NHS. This group will help you to:
- improve your focus and concentration levels
- lower bodily stress and increase relaxation
- explore how your mind works
- explore how your mind habitually creates unhealthy thought processes and worry
- help you to prevent the arising of depressive moods before they spiral
- achieve a robust and healthy mind, accepting reality and the world around you
- work towards acceptance of unhealthy emotions
- achieve a deep sense of calm, patience and stillness
- grow and mature as a true human being and explore what it means to be ‘me’
- learn about the role of compassion to yourself and others
This will be particularly helpful for those people experiencing stress, depression, anxiety, attention problems or any condition involving a fast-thinking anxious mind.
Commitment to the full x8 weekly sessions is imperative, as is the diligent undertaking of daily life meditation tasks between sessions. Only those people who are willing to make the commitment and complete the between session tasks should attend. Places are limited to ensure a high quality of client support. This course is open to everyone but attendance must be booked in advance and approved by the course leader before the beginning of the programme. All attendees must be 18+ with any exceptions discussed prior to the beginning of the course.
Venue – Jackson’s Lane, 269a Archway Road, London, N6 5AA (directly opposite Highgate tube)
When – Monday evenings beginning on 19th January 2014 for x8 straight weeks.
Time – 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Price – £225 (Concessions £195 for OAPS, F/T students, unemployed, if booking as a pair/couple) – please note this can be paid in x2 instalments, with half the payment being made as a deposit prior to the course and the balance being due just after session 1.
What now? – For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07792 755132.
ONE-TO-ONE THERAPY – Please note Jamie is also available for one-to-one therapy (Mindfulness, CBT & Hypnotherapy) before, during and after the programme in his separate London location, should this be required and clients receive a substantially discounted rate during the course of the programme.